- Please join me in congratulating Jeff Burks on the acceptance by Accounting Horizons of his sole-authored paper titled "Accounting Errors in Nonprofit Organizations." Congratulations Jeff!
- Please join me in congratulating Mike Meyer and Teresa Meyer on the acceptance byJournal of Accounting Education of their paper, "Accounting case search: A web-based search tool for finding published accounting cases."
- Please join me in congratulating Jeremy Griffin on the acceptance by Journal of Accounting Research of his paper, "The Effects of Uncertainty and Disclosure on Auditors' Fair Value Materiality Decisions".
- Please join me in congratulating Jeff Miller on the acceptance by Contemporary Accounting Research of his paper, "The Effects of Norms on Investor Reactions to Derivative Use," with Lisa Koonce and Jen Winchel.
- Please join me in congratulating Brad Badertscher on the acceptance by Journal of Accounting Research of his paper, "Public Equity and Audit Pricing in the U.S" (coauthored with Bjorn Jorgensen, Sharon Katz, and Bill Kinney). This paper was presented at the JAR conference last year and will be published in 2014.
- Brad Badertscher, Jeff Burks, and Peter Easton's paper, "The Market Pricing of Other-Than-Temporary Impairments"has been accepted by The Accounting Review (TAR). This paper extends their 2012 TAR article, "A Convenient Scapegoat: Fair Value Accounting by Commercial Banks during the Financial Crisis," which received the American Accounting Association Financial Accounting and Reporting Section Best Paper Award for 2013.
- Stephannie Larocque's paper, co-authored with Gus De Franco and Ole-Kristian Hope, "Analysts' Choice of Peer Companies," has been accepted by the Review of Accounting Studies.
- Please join me in congratulating Tonia Murphy on the publication of "Mandating Use of Predictive Coding in Electronic Discovery: An Ill-Advised Judicial Intrusion" in the Fall 2013 issue of American Business Law Journal. Congratulations Tonia!
- Brad Badertscher's paper with S Katz and S Rego, "The Separation of Ownership and Control and Corporate Tax Avoidance," has been accepted by the Journal of Accounting and Economics.
- Please join us in congratulating Sandra Vera-Muñoz on the conditional acceptance by The Accounting Review of her paper (with Ella Mae Matsumura and Rachna Prakash) titled "Firm-Value Effects of Carbon Emissions and Carbon Disclosures."
- Please join us in congratulating Brad Badertscher, Jeff Burks, and Peter Easton for receiving the American Accounting Association Financial Accounting and Reporting Section Best Paper Award for 2013. The paper is "A Convenient Scapegoat: Fair Value Accounting by Commercial Banks during the Financial Crisis" (The Accounting Review, 2012, pp. 59-90). The Best Paper Award is intended to enhance interaction among academics and practicing members and to provide an incentive for researchers to focus their efforts on topics relevant to the practicing profession and standard-setters. The paper was selected from among all financial accounting and reporting studies published in the last five years. The award committee provided the following quote regarding the study:"The award committee commends the authors on addressing one of the most pressing and important research questions for accounting scholarship and standard setting in recent years. Research on fair value accounting is ongoing and this paper will play an important role in the debate. At the same time, the committee notes that other research papers have also contributed to the debate on the role of fair value accounting in the financial crisis and have arrived at conclusions different from that in Badertscher et al. The committee does not consider this award as an endorsement of one set of conclusions over the other in the fair value debate."
- Tonia Murphy's paper, "Mandating Use of Predictive Coding in Electronic Discovery: An Ill-Adviseed Judicial Intrusion," has been accepted by the American Business Law Journal.
- Brad Badertscher's paper, "Externalities of Public Firm Presence: Evidence from Private Firms' Investment Decisions," has been accepted at the Journal of Financial Economics.
Have news you'd like to share?
Email it to Lorie Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org today!