Accounting and the Macroeconomy
Join us as we bring practitioners and academics together to discuss key issues at the intersection of accounting and macroeconomics, including:
- Measuring, forecasting, and nowcasting macroeconomic activity using firm-level information
- Incorporating macroeconomic information into firm-level decisions
- Understanding systematic and systemic risks
- Policy uncertainty and implications for firm decision-making
- Household finance, wealth management, and the looming pension crisis
Scheduled speakers include:
- Ray Ball (Chicago Booth School of Business)
- Richard Berner (Director, Office of Financial Research)
- Dennis Fixler (Chief Economist, Bureau of Economic Analysis)
- Domenico Giannone (Assistant Vice President, Federal Reserve Bank of New York)
- Scott Richardson (Principal, AQR and Professor, London Business School)
Conference Organizing Committee:
- Ryan T. Ball (University of Michigan)
- Peter Easton (University of Notre Dame)
- Atif Ellahie (University of Utah)
- Lindsey Gallo (University of Michigan)
Watch the CARE website at http://care-mendoza.nd.edu/ for additional information.
Invitations will be sent in January 2018.
Please contact Ryan Ball (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.